

And this weekend I went to my church in phoenix, oneplace. The first time I have been back for a service since I left last june. I can’t tell you the power of place. It is so strong for me. Maybe it is that I’m a highly visual person and that I think the environment is more than just cool colors and lights…there is meaning and significance in that. But it also was very powerful because as a church we helped create this space. Last January we tore down walls, ripped out the floor, exposed a brick wall and let our imaginations go to work, to create not just a church, but a venue, not just a building, but a space for artists to show their work for first Fridays...It was the beginning of something very good for oneplace. We were no longer meeting in a high school auditorium, but in a place of our own that expressed the community. All that to say, it was more emotional for me to be back in that space than I imagined, so see the quotes in the bathroom, the chairs that were recovered. And it was a reminder of God’s grace and what great things he has done.

1 comment:
thanks for all your hard work and creative direction with the renovations. i wish you could sit at a show, at the front door, when people walk-in for their first time and hear their reactions; of how cool they think the space is.
Post a Comment