Thursday, October 06, 2005
42 degrees
well, it is 42 degrees outside...colder than the "winter" ever is in phoenix. i love cold weather (i realize this really isn't cold, but it feels great!) but from the stories i hear, i'm not sure i'm tough enough for minneapolis weather. i'm just excited to have hot tea, i'm excited to actually be able to wear layers. I'm excited about coats. (I just bought two today!) and hats and boots...but i know there will be a lot of bitching coming from my mouth this first winter. complaining about my snot freezing and my nuckles cracking because they are so dry...but hopefully i can find good in it, too! talk to me in january and see what i say, or march or april.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This winter, you'll have to join us in the knit/crochet corner and learn how to create warm things to wear. I too love the cold. This is my favorite weather cause I can wear wool sweaters and hats and mittens and scarves, but my nose hair is not yet crystalizing and icicles are not yet forming on my eyelashes from my own breath. (though that has it's charm at times too). You'll like winter here I think. It takes a strong character to get through it and be happy with it.
Kobie-
As we transition into ice cubes, enjoy the ride... This is indeed the nice part. I would say that you should do all the things that you think you need to do outside in the next 4 - 6 weeks. After that, mobility could be challenging...
Victor
Post a Comment