I’m on my way back from a trip with 6 of my college friends. We stayed in a lake house in Oklahoma and it was a great weekend. I have to admit I was kinda’ reluctant about the trip with all the traveling I was doing. But it was so great. It has been a while since we were all together at once and I just love the way we all interact….our personalities shine through and we laugh…a lot. Deep conversations and laughter are probably my two favorite things in the world…and there was a lot of both this weekend (and a lot of sarcasm, which you can never have too much of) In our circle of friends, I’m known for wanting deep conversations…especially late at night. I wish I was better at initiating them, allowing them to just “happen”, like Christi seems to be so good at…But I don’t seem to have mastered the art of asking good questions in groups. So, instead, we play a game called “fish bowl” where I write a bunch of questions on little pieces of paper and throw them into a bowl. We go around and you draw one out and you ask someone the question and you answer it yourself. I try to have some deep questions and some simple ones, for those that just can’t take all the deepness at once….people groan about the game, but I know they really like it…especially when they are the ones that bring it up at the lake and they want to finish up the leftover questions the next night! What I loved about it this weekend is that we didn’t just answer the question and move on, we would answer the questions, tell stories, go on tangents, make a bunch of jokes, and then get back to the questions. It was great.
Another great thing about the weekend is that two of my friends were pregnant. I didn’t realize how much I love pregnant women until recently, especially with people I’m so close to. It is just so exciting to hear what they are experiencing, although I found out this weekend that pregnancy is just a hassle and the only good thing about it is that you get a baby at the end. : ) But it just seems to have so many spiritual metaphors. They idea of expecting, waiting and preparing....and so many things that I can’t even begin to understand…pregnancy is not something I’m use to. (I've never been pregnant or around people that were pregnant) Rachelle brought her 4 month old, Jackson this weekend, it was so fun to see this cute little boy and listen to the baby talked! I guess I have gone through life being oblivious to women having babies and to babies. I’ve never really even liked babies….but I have to say things have drastically changed a year ago when our friends from phoenix had Dylan…and then I lost my desire for wanting our children to pop out of the womb at age 4!
Monday, September 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment