good quotes from the book "walking on water" (a book about faith an art...a great read)
"Unless we are creators, we are not fully alive. What do I mean by creators? Not only artists, whose acts of creation are the obvious ones of working with paint or clay or words. Creativity is a way of living life, no matter what our vocation, or how we earn our living. Creativity is not limited to the arts, or having some kind of important career..."
"In art...we move, unfettered, among the stars."
"When we are writing, or painting, or composing, we are, during the time of creativity, free from normal restrictions, and are opened to a wider world, where colours are brighter, sounds clearer, and people more wondrously complex than we normally realize."
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, kind of ironic. I am currently re-reading this book, and getting even more out of it than the first time I read it. It is one of my absolute favorites. I find myself underlining sentence after sentence!
Post a Comment