i went to the ash wednesday service at our church tonight. and it was so good...good for me...good for me as i enter the beginning of lent. it gave me such great perspective and came at such a good time...in the middle of this hectic and rough week. it was solace for me and a way for me to let go of the things that I hold onto so tightly...i feel like i have so much to think through. so many things to let go. and i actually think i'll take these 40 days of lent and meditate over these things and really focus myself on God and try to hear his voice.
i've never really practiced lent. I grew up in a church where on easter they went on with the normal series and said "every sunday we celebrate easter"...they didn't do a special easter service for all those that came that one time a year. and i see their point...kinda'...but i've learned to appreciate the church calendar over the last several years...and would love to understand it even more...the last few years i've celebrated different aspects of the liturgical calendar...and now it is time to give lent a try...after many years of thinking about it...here i go...
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Kobie, neat blog. I went to an Ash Wednesday service this week as well. As always, it was powerful and something I needed. I hope and pray you have a great Lent and a great Easter. And for a book, I'd highly suggest Robert Webber's Ancient-Future Time. Take care.
Post a Comment