Tuesday, January 10, 2006

lord of the rings

last monday, a group went to see the trilogy, Lord of the Rings...an 11 hour spectacular on the big screen. I was excited about it, a little nervous that I wouldn't make it through that much movie time...but oh, was i wrong. It was such an amazing experience. you may laugh, but it was absolutely wonderful. the crowd went wild at all the great parts. (it was better than any sporting event...but that doesn't say much with my distaste for sports) it was great to see all three movies together. I was smiling as I left the theatre at 10:30 that night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I always thought that would be fun, but have never done it. Every December, I do make it a point though to watch all 3 movies in the same week. Maybe next year I can put something together where we watch them 11 hours straight.

The other day, I came across my discussion guide I made a while back for that "God in Culture" discussion on LOTR. Ah, the memories.

kobie said...

jesse, you would have loved it....and that discussion of LOTR was great. I'm really wanting to read some books about Tolkien.